Bid Fee Contribution_2018NYPA001 | Environmental Engineering Services
INVITATION TO PROVIDE QUALIFICATIONS - 2018NYPA001
Alexander And Davis Consulting is requesting qualifications for team member inclusion for project 2018NYPA001. Experienced environmental engineering services for an Owner in the Buffalo, New York area of a power authority facility with an initiative to support clean energy for NY. The Power Authority is New York State’s biggest electricity producer, providing up to 2.6 million kilowatts of clean electricity. That clean energy is generated by two facilities, the Robert Moses Niagara Power Plant and the Lewiston Pump Generating Plant, with a combined 25 turbines spun by 748,000 gallons of water per second. NYPA sells the power to state facilities, municipal and rural electric coops, and large utilities. Located in Lewiston, NY, 4.5 miles downstream from Niagara Falls, the Niagara Power Project uses a gated tunnel under the City of Niagara to divert water from the Niagara River into two reservoirs. Releasing water from the reservoirs creates the power. The overall facility includes two intake structures, two underground conduits and associated pump stations, a forebay, the Lewiston Reservoir, the Lewiston Pump Generating Plant, the Robert Moses Niagara Power Plant, and the Niagara Switchyard. When the Niagara plant produced its first power in 1961, it was the largest hydropower facility in the Western world. NYPA investment and engineers keep it cutting-edge, efficient, and, as President John F. Kennedy called it, "an example to the world of North American efficiency and determination."
This opportunity is expected to begin design execution early June 2018 with a duration unknown. Key expertise needed, includes:
- Environmental Monitoring.
- Environmental Standard Compliance.
- Environmenal Quality Control Services.
- Project Management.
- There will be one firm selected per expertise. Firms with multiple expertise will need to submit qualifications for each.
- Approximate entire project budget is valued at $3.5 Billion.
- This is a qualifications precedent role. However, a copy of the Wage Rates are required to be submitted as an "all in" rate (ie: travel and printing, etc) included.
- All project related questions should be addressed to Ranessa Davis at Ranessa@AlexanderAndDavis.com
- Alexander and Davis Consulting is EEO. Small Businesses, HUBs and DBE/MBE/WBE are welcome to submit proposal.
- Qualification documents required are:
- 3 lessons learned experiences from previous similar environmental consultancy projects for power authorities; related to ideas, concepts, options, constructability management, and cost reduction ( in MS Word).
- Project list of 2 similar projects that you were included in (or) executed in totality. Please include Project Name, Owner Name, Project Budget, Project Scope, Project Location.
- 3 Professional References (Name, Title, Email, Telephone, Project References)
- Capability Statement (in MS Word or .pdf), 1 page max.
- Resume of Key Personnel (in MS Word), 2 max.
- Completed W9 Document.
- Due Friday May 25th at noon by email to Info@AlexanderAndDavis.com.
- Teaming fee is $75, per qualification.
If your firm is interested in submitting the aforementioned qualification(s), continue the process.