Basic chemicals, or commodity chemicals, are a broad chemical category that includes polymers, bulk petrochemicals and intermediates, other derivatives and basic industrials, inorganic chemicals and fertilizers.
Typical examples of single products are ethylene, propylene, caprolactame, methanol, BTX (benzene, toluene, xylenes), phthalic anhydride, poly (vinyl chloride) soda, and sulfuric acid, Fine chemicals are complex, single, pure chemical substances.
Commodity chemicals (or bulk commodities or bulk chemicals) are a group of chemicals that are made on a very large scale to satisfy global markets. The average prices of commodity chemicals are regularly published in the chemical trade magazines and web sites such as Chemical Week and ICIS.
SPECIALTY chemicals (also called specialties or effect chemicals) are particular chemical products which provide a wide variety of effects on which many other industry sectors rely. ... Consequently, in addition to "effect" chemicals they are sometimes referred to as "performance" chemicals or "formulation" chemicals.
- Monitor production process regularly to ensure product quality
- Determine production condition on a daily basis to ensure sound operation
- Troubleshoot production issues and analyze production conditions and results to establish plans for yield improvement
- Optimize manufacturing process in coordination with Engineering and Maintenance teams
- Identify ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems)
- Monitor and update SAP system for BOM (Bill of Materials) changes to reduce inventory gap, to improve product quality, to save manufacturing cost, or to minimize post-processing of goods and report all changes
- Devise and manage quality control procedures
- Manage raw material stability and quality
- Modify existing equipment and production procedure for improvement and revise SOP (Standard Operating Procedure)
- Identify potential safety issues and alert Production and Environmental Health and Safety teams
- Monitor raw material and consumables inventory status through monthly inspection, study changes in inventory level and adjust inventory on SAP system
- Calculate and analyze manufacturing cost through the studies of production result, sales data, raw material cost and usage, product inventory change, raw material inventory gap, and etc.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Company facilities to ensure best practices
- Conduct inventory audit, identify slow moving and dead stocks, and prepare consumption/disposal plans.
SIMPLIFY YOUR NEEDS.
CONSISTENCY AND TRANSPARENCY.
- process development, scale-up and implementation of new products.
- scale-up and implementation of new or second source raw materials in the plant.
- assess the earnings and benefits of submitted or self-developed continuous improvement ideas in order to follow the most beneficial ideas.
- Provide input into projects and capital expenditures in extrusion, mixing, coating, and converting to enhance safety, quality and globally competitive production.
- Set up of and follow up on implementation programs for new or optimized equipment.
- Work closely together with production, quality, scheduling, R&D and marketing on INTERFACE ACTIVITIES.
- Optimization of Thermal Areas
- Plant Expansion
- Process Simulation
- Mass- and Energy balance
- Energy Audits and Savings
- System Upgrades
- Fluid-dynamic Design
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- experience in a manufacturing environmentS.
- Experience with statistical analysis, Minitab or other statistical software.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify business priorities and the ability to organize work activities through effective scheduling.
- Project management skills, including the ability to define problems, lead teams, prioritize tasks, and deliver results.
- Strong communication skills are required to communicate acquired knowledge to technical staff and business leadership.
- Solid understanding of process development and optimization.
- Ability to achieve project objectives.
- Strong technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical skills and understanding of problem solving techniques/tools.
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective and detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a business partner, “see the big picture,” and work through ambiguity and change.
OUR INDUSTRY REFERENCES.
DO YOUR RESEARCH.
10 STEPS TO LAUNCH YOUR PRODUCT TODAY
Launching a product is no easy process. It involves a true investment of time and energy, especially because you want the launch to be successful and well received by your audience. After all, an enormous amount of resources went into creating the product or service, so it deserves a launch to match. Download this easy 10 step guide to launch your product.
WE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
WE’RE ALSO GLAD TO ANSWER ANY TECHNICAL QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE.
OFFICE HOURS: 9:00 AM TO 5:00 PM CENTRAL TIME
our team of dedicated professionals are ready to solve your engineering challenges.
ACCESS MORE INFORMATION.
Everything You Want Is On The Other Side of Fear.